Progress? Well, not really.

Another month in 2016 ticks by and not a lot of progress really... we're still waiting on good weather to get Calypso back to the UK / on the market, and the catamaran that we were interested in has been removed from the market for the time being. The cat owner has invited us down to Portugal though to test sail her at some point, then we can start the discussions on when we can take ownership....

What else... not a lot really. I forgot how much it rains in the summer in the UK (a lot), work is ticking along nicely and putting ££ back in the cruising kitty, and I'm keeping myself amused with motorbikes and planning trips..

All for now.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nathan,

    Sorry about the delay getting back to you.

    Norm's email nofacey@yahoo.com

    The trip down the river was fantastic, and something I'd do again only take more time to do it. It seems like my trip was a big rush.

    I'm trying to set up an excavating business here in Cape Coral as this is where we live now. Florida is a tough state to get started in, but some work is starting to trickle in. My wife's a nurse and is working full time,which is keeping us above water.

    I'm loving having the boat in this area. We've made a few trips to Key West which is mecca in my opinion. I've discovered that life is better in flip flops. I've a few open Gulf of Mexico passages under my belt now, and my confidence is building. The learning curve is slow, but I do love my boat.

    Brian helped me move the boat through the river system. His insight and knowledge was a big help to me. Brian was with me the first time the boat saw open water. Speaking of Brian, he had his boat hauled to the river the other day and launched it.

    Conall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Conall,

    No worries! Great to hear from you.

    Thanks for Norm's email - I'll ping him a message now.

    Isn't Florida great? Especially after living in colder climates... I really like the sunshine state and will get the boat over there at some point soon. Key West is excellent as well (spent a very warm & pleasant New Year's there back in '08) as are the Keys - have you had a chance to get across to the Bahamas yet? Highly recommend them - just an amazing cruising ground.

    Thanks for the update on Brian as well; I'll have to dig out his contact details and get back in touch with him.

    Good luck with your business and keep in touch; really glad to hear you're enjoying your boat and the warmer south!

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusLinkedInRSS FeedEmail

Delivered ByFeedBurner