And the clock ticks...

First up my apologies dear readers, I hadn't realised it was 3 weeks since the last update! How time flies.

Right, what's been happening recently. I spent a cold (minus 25) week out in the US for work and was surprised at how warm the UK was when I returned. This is good news for the next job I have to do on the boat - painting the topsides. In the end I decided to go with that the original blue I painted the boat in back in 2013. Anyways, paint ordered (and delivered), all imperfections in the topsides filled and faired, and now it's just a case of waiting for a sunny day with minimal wind. That's looking to be the next two weekends, which is great given we're moving marinas in three weeks.

Yep, that's right - just three weekends and we're leaving the miserable boatyard we've been in for the past 4.5 years. I'm hoping we can get a sail in on the weekend we leave, refuel the boat and get a BBQ going on the Sunday before we haul out on the Monday.

What else... the job lists continues to shrink. I finally got around to fitting the extra sheaves for the aft steering, only to find the steering doesn't seem to have enough grunt to move the rudder and the chain snapped in protest. Great. So... I'm likely going to pull the lot out this weekend and when we haul out, move the wheelhouse steering out to the aft deck. Risky plan with 2 3/4 months to go? Indeed. But we ran the work list and figures last night and I'm confident I could smash it out in a weekend, and we know the system works.

So what does that leave to do? Paint the topsides over the next two weekends, haul out, re-do the rig, paint the deck and anti-foul, and fit a few odds & ends.

Oh yeh (and stop me if I've mentioned this before), Lauren found a photo of me from the last Round the Island Race, helming Rob's boat Arrow (that'd be me pointing, probably at someone about to t-bone us):



76 days to go.
 
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusLinkedInRSS FeedEmail

Delivered ByFeedBurner